Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rocky Mountain High - ready to be quilted

When I used the word "adventures" in naming my blog, I knew I was using it in a facetious manner.  This week in the studio has been anything but adventurous.  However, it has been productive.  There are a lot of seams in Rocky Mountain High, but it is ready to go to T and F Quilting Studio.  As Weeks and Bill suggest in their book Quilts Made Modern, where this quilt design is from. I'm going to ask Terri and Frank to do some circular or spiral quilting to contrast with these strong vertical lines.   I have also created a corner in my studio with my laptop and a scanner in preparation for involvement with the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  More on that later.  I'm ending this week with a smile.  In Martha Stewart's words:  a good thing.

2 comments:

Carol G said...

A very cool quilt you have created!

Diane said...

Love the Rocky Mountain quilt. I'm ending this week with a bigger smile than ever - thanks to you!!