Saturday, July 14, 2012

One Step Forward, One Step Back...

My Chicago Modern Quilt Guild has a new challenge going on, a modern art challenge.  Those of us participating have been given a piece of art and a couple of fabrics, and we are now to make a piece of quilted art.  This project is due in August, and I'm sure I'll blog more about it. 

My volunteer involvement in the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative means that I'll be having people in the studio on a regular basis, and this week I am also doing a play day with a couple of my quiltsters.  This means I'm going to have to start living and working a bit differently in the studio.

Since the due date for the art challenge is August, I need to put these fabrics away for a week.  I need a project box.  All project boxes are full.  (Can you see where this is going?) 



This reversible ROYGBIV tumbling blocks is almost done and not in too many parts. So that has come out of the box. And really. I need to finish this one away.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm struggling and just like that you whip up a ROYGBIV!

Donna said...

Ha - just like that? No. This has been in process for 5 years.

Jen Ben Bry said...

Can't wait for the quiltsters play date! Today I picked out two possible fabric sets to bring. Ready for bag making!

Indiana Jones said...

Thank goodness for Google - I had no idea what ROYGBIV stood for. Quilt on!

Donna said...

I too was absent the day it was taught in school and didn't lean this until I was in my 40's. And I am all about a good memory trick!

emedoodle said...

Your fabrics for the Challenge are so dynamic! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!