Monday, August 6, 2012

Antithesis of a personal philosophy

Less is more. That's my philosophy. Simplify when possible. With art, help the eye figure out what it's seeing. The piece of art by Friedensreich Hundertwasser (1928 - 2000) which I received for the Modern Art Challenge does not represent Less is More. It clearly screams, "More is More. My piece is now constructed. And it's time for quilting - no easy task when one is trying to channel her inner "More is More". Despite frustrations with this piece and not liking how this is turning out because of not responding to the original piece, what a fun challenge this is. I love the mental and artistic stretching. Face it: if you always do what you've always done, then you always get what you already have.

3 comments:

Miss Sews-it-all said...

Wowza! Donna this is wonderful stuff, can't wait to see what kind of quilting you add!

Carol G said...

This is wonderful! You rock.

diannajessie said...

I love your quilt and, hundertwasser is a favourite artist of mine too. His use of colour and shape make me smile.