Sunday, August 5, 2012

Wanting to be at the End Point

See the picture in the middle?  That's my starting point for the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's Modern Art Challenge.  Kind of a wild picture, eh?  After days of studying the picture and studying the fabrics, I decided that I would take themes from this picture, put them into "Attic Windows" of varying sizes, and be pretty happy about it.  Until...  AAQI partner Eileen asked, "Did you google the artist?"  Uh, no...   Then I showed this picture to QFF Wayne who said,  "Hundertwasser?  We just saw some of his stuff in Vienna.  Lots of spirals, uneven lines.  He is to Vienna what Gaudi is to Barcelona." 

So there went to attic windows idea.  Here's what I have so far.  And this is no where near the final stage.  But a beginning?  and a middle?  Progress - of a sort.




 To be continued...and fretted over...


3 comments:

Carol G said...

Nice brain exercise, isn't it? Looking forward to the End Point but also enjoying seeing the process!

raebeth said...

Wow! Looks crazy great! All I've got going for mine is a neutral pieced background waiting for some splash!

Sue R. said...

You nailed it, Donna! I loved reading about your range of frustration to gratitude....probably shared by many of us in this undertaking. So that's why they call it a "challenge"! AHA! LOL! I love this piece and now I have to go research this artist (another great result of this project- learning about new artists!) This turned out so great..wish I could've stayed to see Terri's
reaction.