Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We're Off on the Road to Morocco!

We leave shortly for Morocco, a lovely 12-day tour of the country.  While we are gone, the kitchen is being redone.  What an exciting time!

This baby quilt for Project Night Night -  the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's spring charity work.  This 50" x 60" quilt will be packaged with a stuffed toy and a book and given to a homeless.  The blocks of this quilt were made at the January CMQG meeting using improvisational foundation piecing.

                             
Here's a second quilt in process for Project NightNight from an on-sale jelly roll at Joann's. Do you see Weeks and Bill's book Quilts Made Modern in the corner of this picture? I'm using the cover design - I used it once before with great success - for this project.  So when we get back from Morocco and when the kitchen is back in order, I know exactly what I need to do to make the mid-April deadline. 














For my viewing and design pleasure, I have combined three additional fabrics with the beautiful Marcia Derse fabrics I bought at QuiltCon.  I look at Yoshiko Jinzenzi  books.  And then I think.  And then I look at the fabrics.  I need to get a fabulous white, much more refined than a Kona.   I'm thinking of a new bedroom quilt.  Just thinking.  I might cut a 2" strip from each fabric and just play. 








And here's that pile of Oakshott cottons I bought at QuiltCon. I am having difficulty finding grommets that size made of metal. These fabrics will be sewn horizontally, and I'm pretty sure I will use Soft and Stable . What isn't pictured here are those projects in the can't-wait-to-start/finish pile? That beautiful set of batik scraps from Beth, the pile of jeans that I want to turn into kick-ass shopping bags, my bridge piece, those two beautiful black/coffee batiks, the Moroccan designs I'm coming home with.


Leaving the studio full of projects I want to come home to?  Priceless.

2 comments:

Z Any Mouse said...

Enjoy your trip to Morocco! I look forward to seeing the some of the beautiful fabrics that you are sure to bring home. Good luck with the kitchen. My husband did all the work on ours last summer, and boy do I wish I had been in Morocco while it was happening, haha.

Jennifer Lowe said...

All of your projects look like such fun! Can't wait to see how they come out!