Friday, August 30, 2013

An End, a Middle, and Some Great Beginnings


Well, this is a great feeling - to have scanned and shipped the final quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  Founder Ami Simms is close to raising $1,000,000 for Alzheimer's research.  My scanning buddy and fellow Chicago Modern Quilt Guildster Eileen O'Regan and I are both proud of our involvement in this effort and thrilled that it's come to a close. 



That means we are now free to go on to more projects than we already do.  Here is a baby quilt in process - I'm hoping this Labor Day allows me to finish the binding.  And I might even do it by hand because the recipient is pretty special.  An official blog post is forthcoming. 






And there aren't a lot of things that make me squeal with delight.  But this packet of 12" zippers from Zipit, an Etsy shop, does.  Love the colors!  Can't wait to introduce these zippers to my scraps!  Happy Labor Day Weekend (which is one that keeps John busy with the Chicago Jazz Festival!). 

2 comments:

Jen Ben Bry said...

Love, love, love this baby quilt! Love the layout, the colors and especially the quilting! Great job, Donna.

Jen Ben Bry said...

Love, love, love this baby quilt! Love the layout, the colors and especially the quilting! Great job, Donna.