Saturday, August 31, 2013

August


This baby quilt is for young August James who was born August 22 weighing 3 pounds 6 ounces.  His mom Jen is fine and his dad Jim is, I assume, over the moon.  The little man will be in the hospital for a while longer, which I'm sure must be very hard on his parents.  Jennifer is a woman who teaches art at the high school I retired from, and she's the epitome of professionalism, including national certification.  She also joined my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild last year. 



I'm looking forward to hearing monthly tales of young August (Augie? Gus? AJ?)  This 46" x 56" quilt is for his droooling, crawling,  and napping pleasure.


My friend Wayne puts quilts into two categories:  hangers and draggers.  This quilt is for sure meant to be a dragger. The backing fabric is a sturdy batik, and the binding is navy blue.  Kennedy's school colors?  Blue and Gold.  Perfect post for this last day of August!





2 comments:

cauchy09 said...

oh this is gorgeous! i love the strips of color on the clean negative space.

Z Any Mouse said...

Beautiful quilt, and so perfect for the child of an art teacher.