- I think I might have two separate quilts going on here. I love the dark blocks, and I love the light blocks but...
- I like the little pops of color, but the two big color blocks dominate - I think I want to get rid of them
- My favorite blocks are the ones without color. Perhaps those should be the ones I pull.
- The layout is pretty obvious. I hope random is a direction I can head in.
- There are a couple of blocks that I love which I want to take out of this quilt and work into a different quilt.
- I love having a design wall. And time to play.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
A Process Post
Modern Quilt Blogger rOssie Hutchinson started a movement four years ago insisting that the process of quilting was just as important to blogging as the finished projects are. I love rOssie's sensibility. (Next fall I am going to Camp Stitchalot and rOssie is one of the hostesses - can't wait to meet her...) So today's post is a process post. There are now a total of 80 6" blocks - this is quite different from yesterday's post. To make a 60" x 72" napping quilt I need 40 more blocks. Here are my observations about what's on my design wall: