Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ah, the irony...

I fall in love with a fabric, and then I don't want to use it.  Because I love it.  And once it's gone, it's gone.  This is especially true of the line of Marcia Derse fabrics I'm so crazy about.  The red/grey/black/white Asian-ish fabrics are gone - no where to be found.  The Riverwoods Collection by the Troy Corporation is no longer being printed.  I do however have a Marcia Derse supplier on eBay - seller 22563.  Tracy sells these fabrics for $7.50/yard, and she is generous and meticulous with shipping.  So the real irony?  I have a lot of these fabrics, and I still don't want to use them.  My solution?  Cut small amounts from all fabrics and play with them.  Here's the top half of what I think will be a napping quilt.  How wonderful to have these 6.5" blocks on the design wall so I can walk by and make changes at a whim.

The additional irony of the day was losing the evergreen tree outside the studio.  I loved the birds in that three - they were chirping and living less than 6 feet from the studio windows.  But this tree did block the view completely.  As much as I loved the treehouse effect of the studio, I must admit that I love the clear view of the backyard.  Can't believe I feel so good about the loss of this tree...

No comments: