Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mentoring


Cristina has been sewing with me for over 10 years - she made her first quilt when she was in 7th grade.  She's been in the studio all week, working on a h.s. graduation quilt for her boyfriend's sister.  This quilt imitates the feel of one spotted in a catalog, sort of a Moroccan Tile-inspired quilt.  Cris has a degree in fine arts from the U of Iowa.  So to watch her process has been very interesting - and so different from the way I work.  I was gone all day last Thursday.  When I came home, this finished top was on the design floor. 
While Cristina's been working on her project, I have quietly been  working my way through placemats for my house.  I'm thrilled to have these underway - they have been in the planning stage for far too long.


This simple purse is a free pattern from Sara Lawson at Sew Sweetness - it's her Arabesque bag.  It's simple in that there is a zipper at the top and two interior pockets.  A perfect little tote.  I put my phone on it just to give an indication of the size. 
And I picked up this sports jersey quilt from T and F Quilting - all it needs is binding and it will be ready for its June deadline.  

No comments: