Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Modern in the City" Exhibit

The International Quilt Festival was in Chicago last weekend. They invited my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild along with the Naperville Modern Quilt Guild to participate in a Modern in the City challenge. I was so impressed with what my fellow guildsters did and want to give you an opportunity to see these amazing pieces. So, sit back...
City Links by Sarah Shulman
Where the Heart Is by Nicole Weldon
Bright Lights by Amy Strunkmeyer
Picasso in Piecing by Judy Tucker
Six Corners:  Milwaukee Damen & North by Jennifer Benoit Bryan
Chicago (by train) by Erin Davis
Somewhere in the City by Laura Hartrich
View Below by M A Cramer
Windows by Eileen O'Regan
Bean in the City by Shannon Dangerfield
Emily Lang
Two Cities: One Heart by Peta Minerof-Bartos
City Block by Ruth Hild, Naperville IL

Rush Hour by Anita Marsh, Oswego, IL
 I was called away from IQF with a situation regarding my father, who is at the end stages of his life. He has been a musician and piano tuner, and I thought this piece entitled "Tuning Fork  #11" by Heather Pregger of Texas was appropriately the last picture I took that afternoon:
Tuning Fork #11 by Heather Pregger, Texas

I was pretty pleased to have "City Spokes" in such fabulous company

3 comments:

Jen Ben Bry said...

Great recap of the show, Donna!

debbi d-w said...

So proud of the gorgeous quilts from our guild! Love to you as you are present with your father and family right now. A beautiful thought about your last quilt photo.

Jennifer Lowe said...

This was such a great showing of the talent in our guild. I really wanted to grab strangers and start bragging about how I know all of the people who made these quilts!