Sunday, June 1, 2014

When Quilting Makes the Quilt...

 This simple napping quilt (65" x 85") is a basic design with quiet colors - the bride's request was a palette of white, blush, and tan.  Using 4.5" x 8.5 bricks in a herringbone design with these fabrics created a very plain quilt top.  But then Frank from T and F Quilting Studio worked his magic, and the quilt is now something that I am proud to give to my cousin Jerry White's daughter as her wedding present.  Best wishes to them as they start their lives together!
The back is even simpler than the front

 When Natalie's older sister Erin was married, I used the same size bricks for her quilt.  Natalie's quilt has some of the same fabrics that I used in Erin's quilt.  
This last shot is significant because my cousin Jerry has the same carpeting - a brownish/pinkish woodrose - in his house. 

No comments: