Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag - or two...

This past weekend I worked on two new bag patterns. This first one is A Cute Bag by WonderWoman. It has a zipper and a deep curved pocket on both sides of the bag. The middle section is deep, has two interior pockets, and a snap closure. The strap is substantial and adjustable. I made the almost fatal error of putting both D-ring straps on the same side of the bag. Bu I stepped away from the bag for 24 hours and figured out a work-around. I also didn't take into account the directionality of the outer zippers, but it's ok. This is indeed an aptly-named pattern, and I'll do another one of these.
Here's the other project - Grids and Grommets by Indygo Junction.  I bought this pattern last year at QuiltCon.  What appeals to me most is the grid pattern of the fabric.   The installation of the grommets was a bit tricky, perhaps because I went rogue on the directions.  Instead of a double layer of fleece batting, I used Soft and Stable, and it worked brilliantly.  The bag stands on its own nicely. 
I like the interior of the bag, too, with its pockets. There is a bottom insert of a double layer of Peltex in a fabric envelope. It's always great fun to try something new. My fun news is that I have been asked to participate in Purse Palooza 2014.  Sara Lawson is the organizer and host of this purse blow-out.  On October 15 I'll be blogging about the RunAround Bag by LazyGirl Designs.  Here's the link to the pattern. 

No comments: