Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sky Full of Stars

 Young Baby Boy Lee is coming into this world soon - his due date is November 1.  And young baby boy Lee has artistic parents.  His dad Ivan is a graphic artist - his mom Jenny Seidelman is a playwright.  This young child has a beautiful nursery, which is a big consideration for a quilter.  Grandma Laurel went shopping with me for the fabrics and bought them.  Eight-pointed stars of varying sizes seemed to be a natural for these fabrics.  While I thought about sending this quilt out to be long-armed, I ultimately decided to put on my big-girl free motion quilting panties. 
From this detail you can see that I did quilt stars throughout the quilt.  QFF Wayne was surprised at how many bobbins I went through during the quilt - I was too.  However, I do like how this turned out. Grandma Laurel loved the Aurora Borealis fabric, and we decided to use it for the back of this quilt.  It's perfect. This baby quilt is meant to be dragged around and used.  Today was Jenny's shower - how much fun to see her in her 8-month glory.  Here's to a lifetime of love for young baby Lee and his parents and his grandparents! 


2 comments:

Mary Colter said...

Donna, this is spectacular!!

Jennifer Lowe said...

Mary Colter is right- it IS spectacular! How nice for baby Lee to know how much he is loved right from the start!