Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

 A couple of things are in my head. One is one of the projects being taught at Camp Stitchalot in November. Carolyn Friedlander is teaching her Aerial Grove technique. This picture is an illustration of this hand applique technique. I want to honor learning the technique, but I also want to do something that I will like and want in my house. Aerial Grove quilt_Carolyn Friedlander.

I have a couple of panels designed by Yoshiko Jinzenji, and I'm thinking that one panel from these fabrics might be the perfect sized wall hanging.   And perhaps draw from that pile of fabrics for the appliqued parts. 
 And finally - some progress with the ellipitcal Drunkard's Path blocks.  A bundle of Pepper Cory shot cottons, the template from Australia, one retreat, one sew-in day, and now something on the design wall.  A small quilt?  Two small quilts?  I have yet to trim the many greenish blocks, and there's also a set of pumpkin/brown/tans blocks.   Kind of fun to play around with no end goal in mind, so not the way I work.

2 comments:

Z Any Mouse said...

I love the unique shape of the elliptical drunkard's path! I can't wait to see what you do with those blocks.

Mary Colter said...

Looking good! Excited for your Camp project!