Thursday, October 30, 2014

Whole Lotta Projects Goin' On...


I love this part of quilting - when a quilt is basted together, is a size that I can handle, and the quilting design is within my comfort zone. As I quilt I often think, "You can't be too rich, too thin, or have too many quilting stitches." And when my shoulders get achy and my eyeballs start to bounce, then I go to something different.Here are a couple of purse kits. One is a Cute Bag for my daughter-in-law, and the other is a TwoZipHipster, a pattern new to me.  And then I walk by the Yoshiko Jinzenji panel and add a couple more fabrics that I might want to use at Camp Stitchalot.
My friend Emily was over as I was putting together my big Ellipical Drunkard's Path and commented about what a luxury it is to work on something that is something you just want to do. This quilt marks a bit of a breakthrough. After my dad's death I needed to sew but threw myself into small projects. It's good to get back to big stuff mixed in with little things. And I'm already plotting my NEXT hand project. Thank you, Mimi. And Renate Hiller.

No comments: