Sunday, November 2, 2014

"City Spokes" is home!

After traveling with the International Quilt Festival for several months, "City Spokes" is home.  John hung it in a space intended for something not quite so tall - the grandchildren and travel tchotskis seem to be blocking the bottom of this piece.  And I'm surprised at how much I like this piece (she modestly says...) in this particular location.

The wall hanging made from t-shirts bought in Nairobi now hangs in the first floor hallway to the bathroom. 

Today was spent quilting this gorgeous piece made from shot cottons.  I was torn between which binding to use.  But just taking these pictures and looking at them has clarified what I need to do.  The sedate grey wins over the multi-colored.   Love love love the fall time change.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - the sedate grey wins over the multi - ;)) And grey/gray is fast becoming my new favorite neutral - ;))