Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Curve is Basted


This piece is now 32" x 32" and ready for some hand work.  Some echo quilting in the background and something in the curves.  I like this.  I'm not sure what the orientation should be.  Maybe I'll figure that out as I stitch.  One observation about the process:  there is no economy of fabric.  I took these leftovers and pieced together a little Runaround, which I gave  to Sherri Lynn Wood last night after her lecture to our guild - a little remembrance of her very chilly and successful day in Chicago

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looking good!! - ;))

Jennifer Lowe said...

Did we see this as a finished piece? As you can see, I am a bit behind on my blog reading, so it is probably in one of your more recent posts. I really like this! Are you happy with how it turned out? I am so NOT an improvisational anything. I never did anything with my pieces from the Victoria Findlay Wolf workshop we did because looking at them reminded me how itchy making them had made me feel.