Sunday, January 25, 2015

Eloise Emma has arrived!

 
My niece had her second child, little Eloise Emma, Friday.  Eloise was born in Brooklyn and will join her brother Henry, mother Jen and father Tim.   ***cue The Circle of Life  from Lion King***  Eloise was the name of my Grandmother White, nee Eloise Sheehan.  People die, babies are born, and we remember those who came before us.  


My niece requested a low-volume pink and grey baby quilt.  The magazine Quilty published a baby quilt, full of lines of pennants.  I adapted this idea for Eloise's quilt.  I know my niece loves balloons, and I think this quilt looks complete with the addition of the balloons.  See the picture at the end of this post for the quilt top without balloons.  The quilt's back is a bit higher-volume than the front and a great contrast. 


 Eloise's quilt is in the washer right now and will go in the mail Monday!  What a satisfying project.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lowe said...

Donna, you have no idea how much I love this quilt. I really want to make one, but bigger and for me. I am going to see about this issue of Quilty that you mention here. :)