Friday, March 27, 2015

Burning a Hole in My Pocket

You know how money burns a hole in pockets?  So does fabric.  Sarah S gave me this piece from the Chicopee collection - the only fabric from the whole collection that I liked.  (When we were cutting the fabric for Holly's quilt, I had to have Eileen come over and deal with all the color.)  I have some new invisible magnets that I wanted to work into a new Cute Bag by Wonder Woman, and there was just a bit of a Yoshiko Jenzenji fabric sitting right next to that fabulous red.  My machines already had grey thread in them.  So seriously, what was I to do?  And this is all in the name of  trial and error.  My first Cute Bag did not have magnets on the side curved pockets.  I have used this bag all winter, and it has been just fine.  Now, I get to see whether these side pockets truly do need magnets.  Of course it needs the one at the top of the bag.  I'd show it to you, but it is invisible.  Since this bag pretty much matches what I finished last Sunday, it too will be going to New Zealand.   

I love this bag, mostly because it's so easy to put keys and phone in it.  







My shelf of Marcia Derse fabrics have been making some noise.  So yesterday I touched them.  And looked at some of the designs I am thinking about doing.  But a UFO  bag of blocks leapt into my hands and suddenly it was on the design wall. Here it is when I originally had it on the wall.  After looking at my inspiration photo, I have removed some of the darker blocks and am trying to lighten this up.  Each block is a 6.5" square.  I'd like to make this 60" x 72" and think it will be my next hand project.  I just ordered some Art Gallery fabrics for the back of this quilt.  This kind of project will be perfect for working in little segments of time.  After all, it is time to make the lamb cakes!

1 comment:

redheadwiththread said...

I was JUST looking at lamb cakes at Cafe Selmarie yesterday and thinking of you!!