Friday, March 4, 2016
Top 10 of Quilty Procrastination
10. Finish basting the cheery scrappy Log Cabin and make the binding.
9. Retype my log-in and password cheat sheet.
8. Study what's on the design wall, a piece named "Carolyn Friedlander meets Yoshiko Jinzenji. I know I want to sashiko quilt this piece. I just don't know how.
7. Talk myself out of doing the machine quilting on the Scrappy Log Cabin, like right now. I really like doing straight line machine quilting with my walking foot. (Of course I would prefer to have this quilt long-armed, but My Answer is Yes really drained my long-arming account....). Quilting this quilt will be my reward for doing the Knit class evaluation.
Chicago Modern Quilt Guild Medallion Sew-A-Long.
4. Rearrange the studio tables.
3. Vacuum. Seriously.
2. Wonder if John's sisters weren't right when they questioned why I wanted to work with knits and do clothing...
1. Blog about what I am not doing. Not only do I have several kits of knits and clothing patterns, I have told Sara Lawson I would be a guest blogger at Sew Sweetness on March 7. My topic is the evaluation of a chosen class from Craftsy, Essential Techniques for Sewing Knits. I've watched 3/5th of the class and have learned a lot. And it's time to put what I've learned into practice. But I'm dragging my feet. Perhaps tomorrow....