Monday, May 16, 2016

Two very smart guild buddies...

 This Medallion Quilt-A-Long #chicagomqgmedallion project is coming along, slowly.  But the last border is borthering me.  Sue R  #fishy_quilt  and Iris J  #rojoquilts made suggestions on Instagram about doing something relating back to the center block, especially in these corners.  I found just enough of the center fabric - almost - and will now think about doing something similar .  So glad they chimed in!  At QuiltCon 2013 Heather Grant gave a wonderful talk about the development of the modern quilting movement.  One bit of technology - the affordable digital camera - has allowed quilters all over the world to connect.  And locally?  I can put a picture up on Instagram and get almost immediate feedback from various sources.  Quite remarkable.  And most useful.  Love that instant gratification!
And while I ponder what I want to do, I will continue to slowly pack, get the studio ready for carpet cleaning,  and get ready to leave tomorrow.  Back on the 28th, our 34th wedding anniversary! 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I want to add my two cents - try substituting a black border for that last light one - it will look more like the center block - ;))