Monday, June 6, 2016

Jet Lag and Glamping

 With the Eastern Danube cruise over, my focus was getting to Ann Arbor for Glamp Stitchalot.  Luckily, before we left for Europe I made my swap pouch (above) and an extra that went to the Swap Mamma, one of three woman who volunteered to organize the swap.  My swap partner Kim @seewcraazy lives in Lakewood, IL, the same community my stepson and his family are in.  Small world.  Erica Brehmer @hot_bobbins made these two pouches for me, and I'm thrilled how she honored my colorway.  I also loved that she used quality zippers!  Then, six classes in 12 hours over two days.  Phew.  Here's what I learned:

"Studios and One-Bedrooms" by Elizabeth Hartman

"Airplane" by Rashida Coleman-Hale

"Glamp" by Carolyn Friedlander (I did no sewing - it took me the entire class period to create a colorway)

"Flying Geese - Big and Small" by Monica Solorio-Snow

"My Favorite Things" by Violet Craft

"Mountain, Trees, and Sunshine" by Penny Layman

I'm eager to get back to each one of these projects, but first I have to tend to the t-shirt commission that is due on Father's Day.  These six projects were designed to go into one nice "Row Quilt".   The design wall will be instrumental in the development on this project!  I'm looking forward to some nice progress this summer, especially now that my sleeping has finally straightened out!

My quilty peeps - Sarah E, Holly, Sarah S, Melissa, (top row) me and Amy.  An awesome group of women!



No comments: