Monday, September 19, 2016

Rivets: Adding to my Bag O'Tricks






Purse straps have always presented a special problem, especially with adjustable straps.  My computerized machine can't handle the bulk of six layers of fabric, along with interfacings.  At this point of the process I will go to my one mechanical machine, say a special prayer, break a needle or two, and ultimately get the strap done.  But I've been eyeing rivets.  And then I read this post about rivets and then ordered rivets, a hole punch, and the rivet setter from Emmaline Bags.  The result?  I love rivets.  I doubt if I'll make another purse or bag without them.  Dani M, our Chicago Modern Quilt Guild leather expert, gave me a couple of tips; and I'm excited to have these tools and tricks in my repertoire!  It's a clean look, isn't it?  Such a minor detail...














Oh, and look what pile of fabrics have caught my attention...

No comments: