Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Upstairs, Downstairs

I have everything I  want upstairs in my studio -  machines, fabrics, cutting tables, supplies, bathroom, lighting, Bose radio, computer, quilting library.  Monday was a long sew day, and guilt buddy JLo and I made Trail Totes, the nifty pattern by Noodlehead.  This link leads to the free pattern download.  My Trail Tote has a bright pink outer zippered pocket and a wonderful turquoise lining.  The inner pocket is the same fabric as the outer fabric.  My phone is on the picture just for scale.  I am waiting for rivets to come and want to use them for the purse strap.  Thank you, guildster Dani M, for this inspiration!  But my studio is missing two key elements:  my husband and the television. 
I love having a hand project going.  The summer my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild hosted a Glam Clam workshop, and I didn't attend.  But since then I have decided this project would be perfect for the downstairs.  So evenings I am handpiecing these 12" clams and will Sashiko-quilt it once the top is complete.  Projected size will be 65"ish by 80"ish.  We'll see.  It's going to be a nice cozy project for fall and winter.

No comments: