Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pre-Zipper Bling Dot Dash Dot Bag

I know what you're thinking.  FIVE ZIPPERS?  No.  Actually there are six, including the one recessed into the top of the bag.  This is my first Dot Dash Dot Bag, pattern from SewSweetness.  I say first because I have to make this bag again.  I love the design possibilities and its practicality.  I'm taking this bag to my sister-in-law Chris's house in Oak Park - she lives not too far from Bead In Hand, a bead shop she's very familiar with.  She's going to help my bling my zippers with the perfect zipper pulls.  In exchange for her expertise with this, she gets the next Dot Dash Dot bag!  I bought these three coordinated Marcia Derse fabrics in Austin at QuiltCon in February.  Since then I have been collecting additional black, white, and red fabrics.  I've got something in mind - just don't know quite what yet...
 All body pieces of this bag are sewn onto pieces of Soft and Stable, the wonderful lightweight foam interfacting by ByAnnie.com.    I love this stuff so much I bought a bolt of it (58' by 15 yards).  It's easy to sew on  and gives bags such fabulous body and shape.

This bag is similar in size to a book bag - it's 13" x 15" x 3". One of the many things I love about Sara Lawson's blog and patterns is that she includes so many pictures of bags her testers have made.  Make sure you check out this one by Maria - it's my favorite (and not just because of her zippers). 

Stay tuned for some zipper bling...

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Donna
So glad I found your blog, I'm now you're newest follower.
Love your bag, it looks very professional and the fabrics are gorgeous.

Sally said...

Your bag looks great, Donna! I love the colors you chose for your zippers!