Sunday, February 16, 2014

So Stinkin' Cute!


When I use the words "so stinkin'" cute, I'm usually talking about a baby - Beth's Mina and Tessa, neice Jen's baby Henry, niece Laura's little ones. But this time I'm going to use these words about a table runner I just made. This is so stinkin' cute!  It is 52" by 17".  The batting I used was InsulBrite, which means this table runner can also serve at a hot pad.  Here's how this runner started yesterday:

I started with 2.5" strips, a total of 8 reds and a total of 8 greys.  Then I stripped them together.  Fellow guildster Terri told me about this clever use of strips by Three Dudes - and this link is on You Tube.  I've been wanting a new table runner, and this seemed like the perfect occasion to try this technique.  I used scraps on the back of this runner - the Mo Household needs both sides of table runners.  I may add some more quilting later.  Meanwhile, this is so stinkin' cute!



(A special thanks to Holly, Melissa, and Mimi who gave me some of these fabrics!)







3 comments:

Z Any Mouse said...

Love it! I've seen that tutorial, and filed it away for a future project (way, way in the future), but I love the layout you chose and placement of color. Your table runner has a lovely, modern feel! I have been obsessed with gray as a background, and am currently working on a queen sized gray and orange quilt. I should have all the blocks pieced by the end of the day. Woot!

Andrea @ Sew Divertimento said...

This is so awesome!!! I love it! =)

Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy said...

This is SO stinkin' cute! Love it, and the pics.don't do it justice - it looked even more amazing in person!