I've been doing quilting "tasks" but not necessarily with my sewing machine.
In preparation for doing a sampler of the "make-and-take" placement using the reversible technique, I discovered it's not that much more effort to make kits of all materials needed for this placement - the 12 fabric squares and coordinating sashings for the front and back, the batting, and the binding. It's a bit labor-intensive - the cutting, ironing the binding and sashing, the collation. But now I have 10 fabric kits which I'm selling for $20 each for the Sept 9th class at quiltfabric.com in Willowbrook. This kind of preparation is a much different way of spending time in my studio! Also, creating an accurate supply list and tweaking the directions have required some computer time.
Neighbor Susan of "Thursday Night Sewing" and I are planning to go to a Quilt exposition in Madison, WI, next month. Registering for various workshops and lectures required quite a bit of study and concentration. Really! That is finally in the mail.
My new summer quilt, a bigger version of what I made for Mani, needed to go to Debbie, the Long-Arm Quilter. So I took a morning drive to Tinley Park for a drop-off yesterday. When I pick up that quilt in five week, I'm hoping to have Cecilia's King Quilt ready to take. This quilt is in big pieces but we're still making decisions about some of the fabrics.
Meanwhile, I still have the fabrics out for the Jim Dandy project, and they are demanding some attention. Also I do want to do another sample of a reversible baby quilt. And if nothing else, I could certainly spend several hours putting away and organizing my sash. With our Wisconsin Dells vacation over, I think I'm reading to get back into a sewing groove.