Purse straps have always presented a special problem, especially with adjustable straps. My computerized machine can't handle the bulk of six layers of fabric, along with interfacings. At this point of the process I will go to my one mechanical machine, say a special prayer, break a needle or two, and ultimately get the strap done. But I've been eyeing rivets. And then I read this post about rivets and then ordered rivets, a hole punch, and the rivet setter from Emmaline Bags. The result? I love rivets. I doubt if I'll make another purse or bag without them. Dani M, our Chicago Modern Quilt Guild leather expert, gave me a couple of tips; and I'm excited to have these tools and tricks in my repertoire! It's a clean look, isn't it? Such a minor detail...
Oh, and look what pile of fabrics have caught my attention...
No comments:
Post a Comment