This quilt is 75" x 85"
And it's been a dream to work on. I have held this quilt in my lap most evenings for the past 10 weeks. It's so satisfying to see the dimension the hand-quilting adds. 
I just need a label and to wash it before packing and sending it. Very satisfying, and a bit sad. Here's what will be taking its place in my lap for the next few months.
These log cabin blocks were started last winter - 14 black and white, 14 grey and white, and 14 black and grey, each with a red center. These diagonal furrows appeal to my eye.
In looking over my various backings, one that I bought - I think by mistake - works with this quilt. And more important, it has the right feel.
I love that my work tables are on locking casters and can easily be reconfigured, especially for pin-basting.
The batting is Warm and Natural, an all-cotton batting that is fairly heavy. I'm not saying the polar vortex is coming back again this winter. But if it does, you'll know where to find me - right under this quilt as I work on itl.
A grapefruit spoon is a great way to work with safety pins and saves the fingers and nails.





No comments:
Post a Comment