I did a similar thing on the sleeves and on the hem with some grey peppered shot cotton. After washing it, the hem was kind of kershimmelled. So I quilted it! Now it’s fine. And then I remembered I would need a loop for hanging this on the back of bathroom door. And a pocket! Of course I need a pocket. So I added one of those.
I got happily lost in this project because I wasn’t obsessing over how much fsbric I have and all the projects I want to do and how small my new sewing space will be wherever we move to. And should we ever have chilly mornings again, I’m all set.
|The hanging hook|
|The quilted hem|