We’re in the middle of house repairs - new counter tops in kitchen and master bath, removing a whirlpool tub and converting that space into a closet, and just some general updating. While things are going well, there’s always some discombobulation. I’m embarrassed by the amount of wonderful scraps I have and am using them for purses - that will be the next post. But meanwhile, my little piece of sanity is nightly stitching on this new bed quilt for us. It’s so big that it’s hard to see the quilting. So this is a mid-process post. Now I can see that the quilting is defining the woven look of this pattern.
The backing is a mixture of a couple of low-volume Art Gallery fabrics. This quilt is wonderful to sit under. But there is some urgency to finish this while it’s still cold out. Guess I better give some thought to a summer hand- quilting project!
No comments:
Post a Comment