Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Scraps and Little Things






Just as 2022 ended with a Fika Tote by Noodlehead, I started off the new year with a second one, a commission.  The one of the right is mine, made with leftover bits of Yoshiko Jinzenji fabric.  The one of the right has some of that lovely black with red Kanji lettering.  These bags are big - 15" x 19" x 5".  Very handy.


For my sister's 70th I made her a Fika tote that featured this lovely great metallic price.  She liked it a lot and wondered about a check cover and credit card holder from the leftover bits.  So we looked for some patterns, and these are the results.  Checkbook cover - wonderfully easy. Credit card wallet a lot fussier.











Ive been working on trying to get rid of my scraps - or at least organize them.  This wonderful pile of reds and blacks was on the table.  And just recently I made a RunAround bag (LazyGirl) out of those pretty grey scraps.  My sister was just here, and I offered it to here.  So then of course I had to make more.  These are basically 7" x 9" with a long strap - it's a cross body bag, so handy for shopping. 

More on scraps to come...I sort of have a plan...to be determined...





No comments: