And what a difference lighting makes! The first pic is all the parts on the design wall. The second one is the bits all connected. This low volume quilt is 58” x 68”. In the next few days before pin-basting, I’ll decide whether to put an outer border on to make it just a wee bit bigger. Many of these prints I’ve been saving. What for? I think about the short story “Everyday Use” by Alice Walker. And then I’m happy to be using some of these interesting fabrics in a way that pleases my eye. I also have time to decide how I want to quilt this.
But this quilt was a distraction to Sew Powerful purses. I’m continuing to make purse kits for a workshop next week. So, back to it! Hexagons be gone! (Special thanks to Eileen for her loan of her hexagon ruler)


No comments:
Post a Comment