Friday, April 21, 2023

Reclaiming Normal


I often joke about how making purses for Sew Powerful help me get my head out of my ass.  But it is so true.  With my brother's last few weeks on earth, the calendar and days of the week just melded into one sad period of time.  But his wonderful funeral and knowing he is at peace have helped time resume its normal pace.  And yes, the making of purses are an integral part of how I grieve. 
But so is my hand-quilting.  In the previous post you see the quilt I was working on during the days leading to his death. Janie from Ride Janie Ride claimed that quilt for her solace.  So then I moved right onto the quilt below.

                                  Some of these are so low-volume the hexies seem to disappear.  


               Off-central spiral quilting suits my hand and my eye.  Every stitch was a soothing one.

This label is for the front


I've started hand quilting this one.  It's another "scrap" quilt.  Look at the purses at the beginning of this post.  They are make from scraps leftover from this scrappy quilt.  

No comments: