My Left-handed Leftover Liberal quilt has found its owner. A lovely Iowa friend with whom I travelled years ago has made contact after almost 40 years. It’s fun getting to know her again - we have both changed so much. And I’m delighted that this quilt will be living with her.
I’m putting the finishing touches on this piece which will hang in my dining room. Windham fabrics has issued a challenged using these this palette selected by Jacquie Gering. These shot cotton fabrics are wonderful. Some shot cottons are so thin. And some shot cottons, like the peppered ones that I have loved and used, are so meaty. These? They are wonderful. I feel like the Goldielocks of shot cottons! I tried to pleats these fabrics and think I was successful, thanks to an Aussie quilter who did a video on all things pleated.
I love this time of year because the weather is getting so much cooler. Morning waking has been wonderful. And soon the leaves will fall, and it will be even prettier!
And I’m slowly machine quilting my way through this! But I gotta get back to purses!



No comments:
Post a Comment