Monday, February 9, 2026

My Evolving Bedroom

 Years ago, maybe 2013, quilt sisters Holly and Sarah turned me on to Marcia Derse and her fabrics.  Three in particular caught my eye,and I made a bed quilt that I had long armed.  I used a big block design and have loved the result.  It has been washed over 50 times at least and perhaps could use new binding.  But it remains a favorite.


But the need for change occasionally strikes.  This all black and white quilt was a fun experiment, and I also had this one long armed.  I’ve used this for maybe three years, and it’s been washed maybe 20 times. 

But here’s the latest bed quilt.   Finished the top in the fall and had to wait until the temps dropped before I started to hand quit this one.  This was my December-January project.  And it’s on this quilt that I learned how to be an ambidextrous hand quilter.  

I love my quilts, and I love sleeping under them.  Luckily, so does John.  

No comments: