Friday, July 10, 2026

An Ann Arbor Visit

 I hadn’t seen my sister for over 18 months.  We were heading there after Christmas - had a book to listen  to, the weather was good, had a hotel rez, and - Covid hit us.  In early July my nephew Chris and his two kids came up from Orlando.  So we decided to make the five hour drive to see my sister and her husband Dr. Den, both her kids, and all five of her grandkids.   Before we left, it dawned on me I should make things for these families.  Great nieces Margot and Eloise along with niece Jen and sister Paula all got run-around bags.  Great nephews Max, Charlie and Henry along with my nephews Chris and Tim and brother-in-law Den all got pencil cases.  


But then I got a present too. Last year Eloise, who is a sixth grader, finger-knitted a blanket.  And I was so impressed.  She learned from You Tube!  She has also learned how to make pillows.  Look how perfectly her puff pillows look on my sofa against a favorite quilt.  What a treat it is to have someone make something just for you! 




No comments: