Friday, January 9, 2009
Just putting things down on "paper"
I have a couple of big quilts rolling around in my mind. And I have tons of little things to do:
1. Couching with yarns
2. Playing with the fabric paints
3. Changing the color scheme of my China landscape
4. Using my niece's Beijing picture for a landscape
5. Exploring quilted bag patterns
6. Turning my ill-fitting sweatshirt jacket into a bag
My art quilt class today at quiltfabric.com in Willowbrook was a great source of inspiration and motivation. Meanwhile, here are the latest bags. The black and white linen one is for Susan from one of her fabrics. I think the red and black one with a precious square of Chinese characters will be for Wendy R. It's good to not have any commissions.