Usually I am happy to finish a quilt and see its completion. This Glam Clam quilt? I'm sorry it's done. I began hand-piecing the clams in August after my guild hosted a workshop by
Latifah Saafir
and her Glam Clam technique. As guildsters started posting pictures of their progress, I knew this design was one I wanted to do. My hand-piecing was just for evenings when I was on the first floor of my house and not in the studio. By December the quilt top was together. I ordered a wool batting and a fabric for the back. After basting I started my quilting using No 8 Perle cotton and matching thread color to the clams. This quilt has been - along with John - my constant evening companion, and my hands are sorry to let go of it. This is my 4th hand-quilted finished. Time to find a new hand project.
 |
| These fabrics are all peppered shot cottons. |
 |
| The back shows not only the different quilting threads but also the unquilted parts - the puffy parts. |
 |
| There's a wonderful texture happening on the back. |
1 comment:
That's beautiful - no wonder you are sorry to come to the end.
Post a Comment