Sunday, November 5, 2017

Glampalot UFO: DONE!

June 2016 five of my Chicago guildsters and I went to Ann Arbor MI for Glampalot.  You might remember that I went to Camp Stitchalot  November 2014.  Glampalot was Stitchalot on steroids.  We had 6 teachers, 6 sessions, and started various parts of what could be a row quilt.  Here's the blog entry I wrote shortly after the weekend.  Once I got home, I worked a bit on these parts. 
Here's what I had by mid-June 2016
Mid-July 2016
Mid-August 2016
And then I put this project away.  I wasn't happy with the row-by-row arrangement.  And my color choices seem garish.  I wanted some sort of unity or story, and nothing seemed right. 

But I don't like seeing something not be used.  So this past week, spurred on by my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's November topic of UnFinished Objects, I got this project out. 
I tried to break up the rows.

This quilt top is now 70" x 87."  I don't love it, but somebody will.  It's ready for quilting, but I think I'll try to tackle one more UFO...

Like the Medallion quilt...

Or perhaps start a baby quilt from Zen Chic's Fragile collection!

No comments: