Thursday, April 14, 2022

A Big One - Finished

When I finish a bigger project that can't be photographed on the floor, then I ask John to hang it over our balcony while I go outside to take the photograph.  But this quilt needs two people to hold it. So my brother Doug came over and took these pictures. This is a new bed quilt from a collection of favorite fabrics, and I hand quilted it.  I worked fast the past month because as it gets warmer, this quilt is just too much to keep on one's lap.  It has a terrific airy feel.  The pattern is The Libby Quilt by Erica Jackman.  


A new version of American Gothic, featuring the back of the quilt.  




 My current bed quilt features the same fabrics, most of which are by designer Marcia Derse.  And these fabrics have been my crush for almost 10 years.  Next up?  a headboard using these fabrics!

No comments: