Sunday, April 24, 2022

Crushing on Fabric




Sometimes when looking at fabrics, I fall pretty hard.  Designer Janet Clare did some wonderful stuff for Moda with a line called Wordsmith.  I've made several quilts simply because I love working with these fabrics.  Grandson Sam has one of these quilts, and I can't even remember who has others.  When I got low on one of these fabrics, I would look at Etsy and buy more.  This line is way out of print, and it's time to simply let them go.  I think I may have enough for one more quilt, not counting the one that is below.



Recognize this pattern?  Of course you do.  It's a Trip Around the World.  Granddaughter Natalie is graduating from Iowa State next month and starting a job in Moab, Utah soon after.  I'm hoping she will take this quilt with her.  It's light but warm and will be entirely hand quilting within another week.  

I love off-center spiral quilting, and this is being finished just as the weather turns warm.  



Another set of favorite fabrics is this line from Marcia Derse.  I discovered these at QuiltCon years ago, and as I recall one of my guild mates put these fabrics on my radar.  I now have two bed quilts made from these fabrics.  Now I'm working on a headboard.  How it will be mounted and hung is a question for another day.  But I do think it's going to complete our bedroom.  I'm always looking for new fabrics to crush on.  Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic comes the closest to a designer I crush on.  Her fabrics are for another post!

No comments: