Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Lazy Summer

 

 My sewing rhythm has been off.  I’m sure I could come up with reasons why.  But what’s important is just to recognize and perhaps even honor this down time.   My red door is now ready for finishing.  It’s a great napping size.  However, I think this should be a wall hanging.  Where?  Haven’t figured that out yet. I know I want to hand quilt it.  Ohhh, a winter hand project!

Friend Lauren gave me a lovely pack of Cherrywood fat quarters.  And I’ve just now decided what I want to do with them. This project will be a great way to resume a normal sewing rhythm once we return from Oregon on the 16th.  The cherrywood fabrics are wonderful to work with - I’m excited about this! 

So many of my friends are readers and even librarians.  And I’m finding some of the best books. When I had reluctant freshmen boys, Hatchet by Gary Paulson was a pretty sure bet.  Quilty/librarian Beth told me about The War That Saved. My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. Despite this book being a children’s or YA book, it is just terrific. And there’s a sequel. Quilty 
Eileen just recommended this book pictured.   And I’m eager to start it.  It’s not in audio format, so I will actually have to sit down and read!  Maybe it’ll be my vacation book…


No comments: