Sunday, October 12, 2025

Sewing all the things…





Once the Sewathon was over, I was itching to put this quilt together.  I saw the design and the fabrics and wanted to make it.  I think I’ll use this design again but with different fabrics,  and I now I need to find some good No 8 Perle Cotton.  I need my design wall so assembling these blocks was the first task.  The completed quilt top is now hanging in my closet.



And what’s been on the design wall is the start of my 100 day project, the goal of which is to make a useable quilt from my black and white scraps.  I started making simple 6.5”  9-patches and throwing them on the wall.  It was kind of overwhelming and cluttered.  So I made some 12.5” 9-patches.  While layout is to be determined, daily I am making additional blocks. October 1 was the start date.  So the end? Early January 2026!   




But what I really needed the design wall for was purses.  I have committed myself to a dozen ourses a month.  So it’s time to get busy.  This time I hit my green scraps to make flaps.  There are 8 in process.  Next step is make linings for these 12.  

I love fall Saturdays when John is engrossed in football.  Although I could do more with purses, I was pretty happy with my progress.  So much so that I decided to start another purse project with my favorite Seth Apter fabric.  Normally I’m would use the design wall to keep track of the various parts of this Sandhill Sling, but the floor will have to do.  Perhaps I should work on this first today!  And then go back to purses.  And of course do some 9 patches!

Last, I’m in love with the Great British Sewing Bee.  Yes, I watch sewing while I sew. 




No comments: