Tuesday, October 21, 2025

There was an old woman who lived in …

 … a quilt studio and had so many projects she didn’t know what to do!  Except to maybe try to keep track of them.  So here goes…

It’s all about the design wall.  Currently it has 9 completed purses, three flaps, linings for these last three, and six mushroom blocks for my B Bee mate.  We are leaving tomorrow for a week cruise on the Tennessee rivers.  These mushroom blocks are coming with me because they need some hand appliqué  stitching.  I’ll try to get these next dozen purses in the mail but I don’t think it will happen this week.


I’m sure this picture above doesn’t look like much,  but it contains everything from the past two workshops with David Owen Hastings.  See all the blues and whites?  This was the first workshop.  The second featured using architectural elements in quilting.  Both workshops were terrific.  And I don’t want to lose track of these projects.



This quilt is assembled, hanging now in my closet, and I think I want to hand quilt it.  However, there are already two big quilts in my hand quilting queue.  And this gorgeous quilt is small enough that perhaps I’ll machine quilt it myself.  As I was working on it, I fell in love with two of the feature fabrics.  So of course I located more of these two fabrics at the quilt shop when I was taking the workshops!  Then I found a favorite quilt pattern using big blocks. So this pile of four fabrics and the quilt pattern is on the to-do shelf.  



And an on-going project is my 100 day project - a a handful of us in the guild are doing this, and we have the freedom to tailor this project to our individual needs.  What I am doing with these 100 days is using my black, grey, and white scraps to make a useable quilt.  I’m making 6” and 12” 9-patches.  I’m sort of thinking about layout and have a plan.  Of sorts. I’ll post this quilt 100 days from October 1.  Early January!  But first.  Finish the 12 purses for October and get busy on the 12 for November! 

No comments: