Friday, March 14, 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Racine I go...


I finished up this quilt of Marcia Derse fabrics last night, just in time to put it away and head off to the Siena Center in Racine.  (These fabrics are soon to be discontinued, and I have found an eBay merchant who sells these fabrics for $7.50 a yard.  Look for Private Source Quilting - and her shipping is always reasonable.  Here's a look at one-quarter of this 68" x 84" beauty.  I quilted this one myself.  My linear quilting is just fine on this quilt. (I am still hoping to have my brother professionally photo this one...)

It's always tricky planning for retreat work. I have the luxury of working large here in my studio. So at the retreats I work small.  I have kitted several projects - from a WOW duffle/tote to a new pattern by SewDemented that has 4 zippers in it.  I also packed a medium ditty bag kit and two Runaround kits.  Notice the binder of all directions - helps to stay organized in a small work space.  I don't know whether I'll get all these finished - I'm leaving the retreat early Sunday to head back to Chicago and gather my husband and grandson.  We are returning him to Muncie and Ball State and then visiting with my Aunt Betty White.  Nice little spring - er, winter - getaway!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lowe said...

That bag with the four zippers that you made looks fantastic, Donna!