 |
| Elements of "Winter" |
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah was nice enough. Very traditional in its holdings. What made the museum for me was the exhibit of the work of Emika Toda Loeb - she does amazing things with log cabins and with design and color. The highlight of the drive was access to Hancock's of Paducah, a fabulous fabric warehouse. I've ordered from there for years. So to actually see this plan in operation was fascinating.
 |
| Getting ready to scan some AAQI quilts |
I did buy fabrics for a quilt for my sister. It's one thing to have a Kona card - it's another thing entirely to see bolts of these fabrics. I stocked up on some wonderful neutrals, found a fabulous green batik renmant as well as some black remnants, purchased some Aurafil thread, and rescued a renmants of an Asian-y panel of fabric goodness.
 |
| For my sister's Grandmother's House quilt |
Special thanks to CMQG sister
Sue R for telling me to allow at least two hours for Hancock's of Paducah. Which I did. Which is more time than we spent at the museum. Go figure. Special thanks to John for staying at the hotel and smoking his cigar. Which I normally don't encourage... But it was perfect for Paducah. Since we came home one day early, I have this bonus free day and am returning to work on "Winter."
 |
| It was only $5/yard - each square is 8 x 8. |
No comments:
Post a Comment