We decided to go one day early to have the luxury of extra sewing time and make Two-Zip Hipsters. All turned out nicely by Friday morning. Special thanks to Sarah for figuring out the twisted zipper secret. Then Sarah, Melissa, and I decided we needed to go to Pink Castle Fabrics about 45 minutes away. Carolyn and Sherri asked if they could go with us. Um, yeah, well - OKAY! Later that day Carolyn led us through design choices and her method of applique. There will be more about Carolyn and this project in a couple of days. But now? Gotta focus on Getting My Curve On and Sherri. She's our Chicago Modern Quilt Guild Speaker tonight, and I promised I would have what I worked on in class in a more advanced state.
Sherri led us all through her approach to improv quilting - guidelines that involve no rulers and working at one's creative edge. Look at the link above to see her sweeping, bold, and wild use of color and design. After I made these three wedges, I was done. I needed to think about what is next with these pieces and how I want to create something that I want to keep in my home. So I took them home. Last night I began to play.
I tried overlapping these wedges, like so many in class had done. but my instincts kept leading me back to keeping these pieces separate. And I also knew I that needed to trim these up and make them more symmetrical.
| Wonder if John has missed this Tupperware lid I keep in the studio... |



2 comments:
It was a fabulous time - we all learned so much. Donna, you broke out of your comfort zone and I think you liked it!
So envious of your weekend! It looks like a fabulous time was had. (Has any mention been made of the tupperware lid yet?)
Post a Comment