Monday, March 30, 2015

Tweaking What's On the Wall


It's so hard to be random.  The 120 blocks have been sewed into pairs, so I still have the ability to tweak and move around a bit.  I have taken various bits of advice and have left both the light light blocks and the dark dark blocks in.  And I have tried to scatter them both about.  My goal is to get this together and off the wall before I leave.  Neighbor/artist/friend/quilting protege Cristina will be using the studio and the design wall while I'm out of town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, your layout looks GREAT!!!! Just commit and get it sewed together.
I too find it difficult to be random as my instinct is to control. To help me be more random, I put all my blocks in a bag and mix them up. The first block I pull goes in the center. I then keep pulling blocks, working out from that center block until they are all on the design wall. You will be amazed at the results!!!

Dianne

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your tweaks. The first layout had the two dark blocks on the right that I would have separated a bit - and you did that. And I like that you left in the light light ones and the dark dark ones - to me it gives it more depth - ;))

I usually put the blocks on the wall - go to move one or two - and wind up moving ten or twelve. With my LHQSQ I finally had to say "Done" - and put it together. If I hadn't - it would probably still be on the wall - ;))

Z Any Mouse said...

I love this quilt!